A Message to Our Guests
Our thoughts are with everyone who has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Since day one, our people have been at the heart of what we do at North Italia, and we are committed to taking great care of them so they can take great care of you.
The health and wellbeing of our team and guests is always our number one priority, and we are taking additional steps to ensure that we continue to protect you during this time of uncertainty.
We are following all local ordinances regarding our restaurant hours, occupancy limits and dining restrictions, and are continuing to follow the guidance of the CDC and our local health departments.
As many of our cities and neighborhoods transition to allowing take-out and delivery service only, we are here to help you continue to enjoy your North favorites whether you order online and pick them up in our restaurants or have them delivered to your doors (where available).
You may notice some changes the next time you dine with us as we have adapted some of our operational procedures as precautionary measures. Here are a few examples:
- Expanding our normal use of sanitizer to clean our tables to also include sanitizing our menus and all high contact areas (door handles, restrooms, etc.)
- Transitioning to silverware rolled in linen napkins to keep our utensils from being out in the open
- Removing the salt and pepper shakers from our tables and have made them available upon request
- Continuing to maintain our high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices in our restaurants
We are taking extra precautions to ensure that your delivery order gets to your door safely. This includes:
- Sealing the outermost packaging to ensure that there is no contact with your food from the kitchen to your door
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for delivery orders for those guests who request utensils. (However, if you don’t need utensils, there is an option to decline them in the order process.)
Our delivery provider DoorDash has implemented the following:
- If you prefer, your driver will leave your order at your door. To make this request, when you place your order please make a note in the “delivery instructions” section.
- They are offering hand sanitizer and gloves to Dashers.
- They are also in direct communication with health experts regarding best practices.
We’re also making sure our teams have the information they need to remain healthy and are instructing them to stay home if they’re feeling sick and are providing paid time off during their illness. And, we’re making sure none of our team members lose the ability to maintain their benefits during this time.
We have been following the guidance of the CDC and our local health departments and will continue to do so throughout this evolving situation.
We are thankful to be part of your community and are privileged to serve you.
Please stay healthy and safe,
David M. Gordon