A Message to Our Guests
First and foremost, we want to express our sincere concern for everyone who has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
For more than 18 years, North Italia has been dedicated to put our all into every detail of our hospitality and taking great care of our people so they can take great care of you.
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and guests is our top priority, and we are approaching the reopening of our restaurants’ dining rooms with that as our guiding principle.
Preparations are under way to begin opening a few of our dining rooms with the utmost care beginning
May 21st, with some others scheduled shortly thereafter. We are looking forward to welcoming you back as our guest and wanted to share with you some of the actions we are taking.
In addition to all safety procedures currently in place for our take-out and delivery service, we are implementing the following when our dining rooms reopen:
- Reconfiguring seating in the dining room, patio and bar to meet social distancing guidelines
- Using floor decals to remind guests in our lobby and other areas to keep to social distancing protocols
- Having dedicated staff through every meal period solely responsible to sanitize all high contact areas
- Continuing wellness checks of all staff members before each shift, including temperature checks with a thermometer
- Providing all staff and managers in our dining rooms and kitchens with personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves
- Reinforcing staff handwashing routinely
- Having hand sanitizer available in our lobbies and restrooms for guests
- Making reservations available through OpenTable
- Providing a QR code for guests to scan to access a digital menu on their mobile device should they prefer not to use one of our sanitized menus
- Not presetting any tables
- Providing takeout containers for guests who prefer to wrap their own leftovers
- Sanitizing pens after guest use
These are just some of the changes we are making to protect your safety while at the same time providing the hospitality and delicious memorable food you’ve come to expect from us.
In cities and neighborhoods where our dining rooms have not yet reopened, we are here to help you continue to savor your North Italia favorites whether you order online and pick them up in our restaurants or have them delivered to your doors (where available). Due to the current situation, there might be temporary adjustments to our menu.
In addition to continuing to maintain our high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices in all of our restaurants, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe experience when picking up take-out orders from our restaurants. This includes:
- Ensuring that our teams have the information they need to remain healthy and instructing them to stay home if they’re not feeling well
- Ensuring proper social distancing is maintained; This includes increasing the distance between our guests and cashiers to minimize contact, and placing markings on our floors to help guests distance themselves from others
- Cleaning and sanitizing all cashier counter surfaces and pens after each use
- Requiring all managers and staff members to wear gloves when interacting with our guests
- Constant handwashing
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for those guests who request utensils
- Cleaning and sanitizing all door handles throughout the day, and leaving front doors propped open (where allowed) to minimize contact
We are taking extra precautions to help ensure that your delivery order gets to your door safely. This includes:
- Sealing the outermost packaging to ensure that there is no contact with your food from the kitchen to your door
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for delivery orders for those guests who request utensils (However, if you don’t need utensils, there is an option to decline them in the order process.)
- Ensuring that Dashers maintain social distancing when picking up orders from our restaurants
Our delivery provider DoorDash has implemented the following:
- Orders will automatically default to the no-contact option, "Leave it at my door." You can also leave additional details about the drop-off location, such as "Leave next to the plant" to help your Dasher.
- They are offering hand sanitizer and gloves to Dashers
- They are also in direct communication with health experts regarding best practices
We have been following the guidance of the CDC and our local health departments and will continue to do so throughout this evolving situation.
We encourage you to stay healthy and we look forward to serving you soon.
The North Team